Thursday, April 24, 2008

Steroids + healthcare = good times

Remember that pain in my butt? Well, I'm now on steroids to hopefully remedy the situation. It's really not a big deal, I just get a kick of telling people I'm on steroids! Some people give me the once over, looking for a new bulging muscle, or perhaps some extra facial hair, or waiting for me to just run really fast...but alas, these steroids are not those kind! Although, there are some side effects my dr. mentioned...including profuse sweating and wanting to eat more. What a perfect combination for me! Not only am I not working out because of this pain, I can still feel like I'm getting a good run in as sweat runs down my forehead. And...I can act like I'm working out as I grab another handful of salt and vinegar chips - good times. And unfortunately for my hubby, these steroids only increase my appetite for food!

Ah, and the good times continue. It's ironic that I work for a health care company and seem to have really bad health care coverage. As I rarely get sick (knocking on wood as I type), I left my husband's coverage for a cheaper monthly payment. Well, have I learned my lesson as I know need coverage. I'm contemplating the real need for an MRI - ridiculous, right? Luckily it's not a major surgery decision or something for one of my babes...in the realm of all that others have to deal with, I'm pretty lucky. I know I don't know enough about the healthcare issues here in the US, but Canada does seem to have a good thing going on.

Well, onward with my steroids - if I suddenly have an urge to enter a weightlifting contest, I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad you got that looked at! Hope it's feeling better soon. Have you seen the Michael Moore movie "Sicko" yet? You should!