Friday, April 4, 2008

Cubs Day

Today we're heading to the first Cubs game of the season. My daughter's school scored $2 tickets so off to level 500 we go! Honestly, I'm more excited about my first hot dog of the season. There's just something about a ballpark hot dog - the warm, squishy bun, little bit of ketchup and the perfect size dog - oh, 1:20 pm, can't you get here any faster?
I will outright admit I'm a fair weather fan...not the kind that waffles from team to team depending on the stats. No - just plain weather related fan. And today, it's not looking so good for me. It's in the low 50s, I can handle that, but possible rain showers - that's an automatic game over for me. I'm hoping my daughter will agree with me and, if the rain starts coming down, we'll catch the Addison bus home, as the boys hunker down to hear the 7th inning stretch. As long as I've had my dog, I can tell everyone I see - oh, it was a good game!

No comments: