Monday, March 24, 2008

What's with the name?

As I started this whole new blogging site up last night, my husband asked - what's the name MomEgo all about? Well - I've come to the realization that being a mom is a challenge and at times I feel like the only thing that identifies me is the fact that I am a mom. Add to that my ego that likes to get in the way of me living my life. In my world, there's the obvious ego - the one that wants to look good...like in this recent scenario. Getting dressed for an evening out and wondering if I could really get away with these really cool, but tight, jeans I just bought, that I swear didn't feel tight in the store. The answer was a resounding Hell no, as I proceeded to get a huge rip right under my ass from doing multiple squats in the attempt to make the jeans a little less tight - good times! 


Then there's the not so obvious, slightly sneaky ego - the one that makes me second guess myself, or wonder if I'm doing the right thing, did I do the right thing, will I do the right thing. You know, right? (if you don't know what I'm talking about, then just write me off as crazy!) The voice that says, remember the time when, or what happens if. 

So as a mom that is unsure of my path in life, and with this ego that just wants me to be unsure - I thought that's it - my challenge is to come to terms with the mom in me and the ego in me...and, drum roll please - MomEgo.

I don't know how this really works - honestly, I don't know what to write about. As I look at the blogs I love to read, I started wondering, what draws me to these blogs. And it's the honesty, the humor, the insight into someone else's life that may help me in my life. So again, welcome and enjoy. 


No comments: