Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Camp highlights

How do I sum up the suzuki music camp in a way that captures all these memories...

The oblivious mom and dad who need a little wake-up call (when your child is thrown out of a class, chances are your kid may not be perfect)
The mother who was there, alone, with her four kids and was the most laid back person I've ever met
The over bearing mother who couldn't let her daughter enjoy one moment of a dance class because she had to perfect every move,
The blind sister and brother who performed an amazing piece - one on piano and one using an electronic bag pipe?
The crazy teachers who were just so passionate about music
The friendships the kids made in a matter of moments.

It was an adventure...
Moments when hubbie and I could barely keep our rising giggles from overflowing to me from keeping tears of amazement from topping over (yes, I can be ridiculously sentimental).
Our cute, little pre-fab cabin with a great fire pit and a family of determined black carpenter ant from the wall.
Mediocre food...the iceburg lettuce salad bar...who doesn't love some good iceburg, surprise taco meat...but luckily supplemented with a stash of goodies back at our cabin.

Yes, it was an experience. And will we go back? Well the kids wanted to stay and would go back in a heart beat. I think we may go back...for me, it was more about having some family time in a remote place, and to throw some music in, why not. Although I've heard there's some other family camp vacations that are a little more up my alley...get this - you don't actually have to do everything with your kids...now that's some good family time!

No comments: