Friday, June 20, 2008

Ah, sweet chocolate

I knew where it was and avoided that particular cupboard all morning...which isn't hard to do as there's nothing in there that I would ever need...it's a junk cupboard. Then around 10am I found myself reaching up to open to cupboard door and grab it...but nothing more - just to bring it upstairs. Good self-control, I thought. I don't even want it, it's a new day, I don't need it. 10:30, I'm staring at it...think to myself, I don't even want it...just leave it there for husband or kids to find - what a treat! 10:33...screw it. Open up the wrapper and inhale curly wurly candy bar (it's from england and oh so good). well, I think to myself - I made it til mid morning - it's my morning snack.

Who am I kidding - I have no self-control with food! And I know you've heard it all before...I just love chocolate and sweets. So, here's what I'm going to try...just enjoy eating the food I do and stop beating myself up for what I eat! If I'm going to have the candy bar, I may as well savor it! I mean, my body must want the yummy foods I'm choosing!

For any of you who struggle with eating right, not eating right, and on and on...practice just enjoying what you're eating no matter what it is. Otherwise, what's the point!

No comments: