Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Waterfalls a plenty

Yesterday someone told me something that really stuck with me...I know, it's only been a day...but by now you know me, right? Anyway - it was about having bad, sad, depressing, thoughts - you get the idea. In this theory, having any kind of bad thought is just not good (the monks say it is so, so be it!). So if I wake up and think, oh man another day of work, or if I get down on anything - it's just not good. I'm sure most of you think that too - bad thoughts really don't get you anywhere. The thing is, even though I know it, sometimes those negative thoughts are really hard to give up, not have, let go, etc. 


So this idea is that when you have a bad thought, you imagine a waterfall and just standing under it, washing away the bad thought. Hokey, maybe, but today it really worked for me. I stood under a number of waterfalls today! The minute I thought of one, the bad thought really did go away and I felt a little calmer and happier.

For what it's worth, I wanted to share this as I'm always ready to learn a new way to stay in the moment, not get bummed out, and just be happy! Enjoy your waterfall!

No comments: