Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Life Lessons - good and bad

It's so wonderful that there are so many people on this planet that I can watch and learn from - lessons in oh no, don't do that...and on the opposite side - ooohhh yes, do that!

Here's my what not to do example - at the Cubs game on Monday night...sitting in the bleachers, which, by the way, is like hitting jackpot when it comes to people watching. And who am I kidding...all I really do at the game is watch people! Don't ask me what the score is - oh I'll stand and cheer, but I don't have a clue as to what's really happening down there by the ivy. Now, the people - that's where I can tell you what's going on all around me. So...never, ever do this. If someone tells you you have something on the end of your nose - don't flick it into the crowd! Disgusting beyond words. This drunk guy just couldn't help himself...he was so above and beyond funny drunk that even his friends were avoiding him...I'm actually getting a little sick just writing this! My point is though - good life lesson on what not to do!

OK - now to what I want to do more of. We were at a wedding this past weekend for one of our past babysitters. It was in Louisville, KY and both kids were in the wedding, so they had a blast. For me, I got a good reminder to live in the present moment. The bride was so alive with energy and happiness and was really embracing everything about the day. Now, I know in my real life, every day is not a wedding. And yet, I got to remember that I can slow down and take time to really be present with the kids, husband, friends. And remember that everything works out and not to get bogged down with worrying about things that haven't happened yet!! So I want more of that in my life - more living in the moment. Take a look around your life and look for those reminders on what to do more of...and don't, no matter what, flick anything into a crowd!!

No comments: